Thursday, March 19, 2009

Walt Disney and Company


This will essentially be a very tiny post. 
Today at lunch, some friends of mine were discussing Disney's supposedly perverse cartoons. I was very surprised to think that people would think that any real innuendo exists.
Walt Disney was a brilliant man, a man who followed his dreams, and created to entertain all. If innuendo exists, this does not mean that Disney by any means debased his work; firstly, adults tend to steer clear from Disney cartoons, and children would not understand suggestive elements any way, so it would be rather silly for Disney to elaborately disguise innuendo. Second of all, I feel that nowadays, at our H.S. at least, students and faculty engage in too much prudery (where everything's meaning is essentially and tragically warped). I think we have really lost our perspective if we think Walt Disney's intention was to produce suggestive films. 
I mean what next- if a girl or a guy spends time with the opposite gender, is it right that they be thought of as promiscous?
Disney is a hero of mine, and the so-called evidence of his obscenity in cartoons is rather non-existant. Take for example "The Lion King Sex Scandal" (I won't explain it here- et plus, Disney was already dead by then). Tell me what you think?
My whole point is that we really have lost touch if all we can see in anything is  hidden references to adulthood in a classic children's cartoon.


photocredit:www.collider.com

8 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you! It's like telling a white lamb that its full or corruption!

    By the way, comment/follow :]
    misseconomist.blogspot.com

    Awesome post by the way! :D

    -SG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, I wouldn't take it so seriously. It's all in good fun. The sex scandal is just that "SFX" thing. I'm curious to know what other suggestive things they found in Disney movies though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AGREE! it kinda killed disney movies for me when people started showing me 'inappropriate' disney scenes =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha yes. why can't people watch these movies with an "innocent air?" people miss its beautiful core meaning. :'(]

    ReplyDelete
  5. what about his anti-semitism that's apparently displayed in the hooked noses of villains? XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, some villains, especially females, have small snub noses, though that does not necessarily mean that he had something against people with such features. If he ever did, we will never know... But even so, Walt himself had a rather hooked nose; I don't have much of answer. Sorry
    -Nilesh Kamal Murali

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good post, however, make sure you have correct permission when using Disney images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great one Nil!
    Innuendo isn't the heart of Disney, and I don't think it even exists at all. I've seen one of the scenes in question, and only a pervert could have interpreted it that way. -__-

    - Meghna

    ReplyDelete