Saturday, March 28, 2009

Just thought you might wanna Know



Dear readers,
Though this is not a movie review site, I would like to relate to you a little visit I just paid to the theater.
My brother and I went to watch Knowing, the film with Nick Cage and some other peoples. This was the first sci-fi I had dared to watch in three years; earlier experience said that I didn't like such movies, but I went against my intuition and decided to check it out anyway (that, and that it was the only option both my brother and I could agree on).
Long story short, with an interesting beginning, a horrorful middle, and a plain stupid and then randomly Edenic ending, I consider the movie a failure. I thought the child actors were interesting, but that's about the only slightly redeeming feature. It was really funny, because the movie left me really irritable at the end, before my brother and I realized what it was about.
It's really a very elaborate advertisement for hearing aids, which were featured throughout the movie. The extremely loud volume of the movie is supposed to induce a desire in viewers to go and by the brand they saw on the scene. Imagine head-on multiplied by a million and you know what I mean.
So the point I'm trying to make is that whoever made up such gook about floaty black rocks and weird wispy angels at the end should be aware that the whole last part of the film, I was thinking about some Telegu lyrics ("Nee pondu nae kouri abisarakai naenu" which translates something about Angels and something else). I hope I never know who came up with the random randomness inherent in Knowing (unless, this was simply part of the elaborate ploy of the hearing aid company), because I have to say that the Indian movie which contained those lyrics (a film that is so silly, it's not even worth mentioning) owned Knowing.

photocredit:Nilesh Murali with some artistic help from brother Nishaant Taroon Murali. All elements in the picture are owned by the artist. 

3 comments:

  1. You do realize that there's a movie review on Knowing in the Winged Post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yah, I realized after I wrote the post. Plus, I disagree with the movie review now that I have read it.
    -Nilesh

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA good thing i read this first because I was going to go watch Knowing

    - MC

    ReplyDelete